Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Need help with your research? Ask a librarian!
We are happy to help!
If our chat librarian is offline, one of our other librarians may be able to assist you by email or appointment (see below).
Your email will reach all four of our librarians; whoever is available will respond as soon as possible.
Phone: If you are interested in speaking with a librarian by phone, you can send us an email or chat to set up an appointment.
In Person: Make a virtual appointment with a librarian
Your option for an online meeting with webcam or audio. Get an appointment within as little as 2 hours (depending on availability).
Have a quick question? Visit our FAQ.
Reference Service Hours
Our regular hours are as follows:
- Monday - Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Emails sent to email@example.com are answered as quickly as possible, within 1 business day.
Virtual appointments are typically available 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (last appointment at 5:30 p.m.) Monday - Thursday and 10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (last appointmenet at 3:30 p.m.) Friday.
Hours may vary; please check the Spangler Building Calendar for the most current information.
Guidelines for Using our Services
- Our service is provided as generally first-come, first-serve, with priority given to patrons who are physically present at the desk when there are multiple patrons needing service simultaneously.
- It is best to use our chat service to ask questions about library resources or library policies that can be answered in brief chat responses or questions about how to get started with your research; for questions requiring lengthy, detailed responses, we recommend you consider using one of our other options if possible.
- For more information, see our Overview of Reference Services
Faculty, having your students do a research assignment?
Please share your assignment details with the reference librarians so that we can prepare to assist your students to the best extent possible. Fill out and send our online Research Assignment Alert to us at firstname.lastname@example.org..