Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research 101: Getting Started with the Research
In this interactive module, we will walk through the process of doing research for your papers, developing effective search strategy to find what you need, & engaging effectively the research literature you find.
What will I learn in this Module?
When you have successfully completed this module, you will be equipped to begin the research process. You will learn how to:
- Determine a manageable research topic
- Generate good keywords to use in your search
- Combine your keywords into an effective search strategy
- Read effectively for recall, learning, & synthesis
- Know how to engage with scholarly research articles
- Know where to go for help with your papers & your research